CrossFit Upper Edge (CUE) is the only CrossFit gym in the Bloomington/Normal community that currently offers a childcare service. CUE Kids Club is a supervised children’s daycare room provided for members of CUE. Worry-free workouts are part of the package! We feel that this meets a need in our community for parents that want to model a fit lifestyle for their children. Childcare is currently offered during select class times. Please see the Class Schedule for current childcare offerings.
Playing with Equipment:
- Children are not permitted to be in the childcare area without staff present.
- Parents may drop off their child a maximum of 10 minutes before class start time and pick up no later than 10 minutes after class ending time.
- Parents and legal guardians must remain in the gym while their children are in the childcare area. Parents may not leave the premises for any reason while their children are in the childcare facility.
- Children between the ages of 6 weeks and 11 years are accepted into the childcare facility.
If your child is not toilet trained, your child should arrive with a dry diaper, as attendants are not permitted to change diapers. Should it be necessary, the CrossFit Upper
- Edge staff will get the parent from the workout floor.
- No food, candy, or gum is allowed in the childcare area. Clear drinks in spill-proof containers are acceptable. Please label all items.
- Bare feet will not be permitted at any time. Please have shoes and/or socks on children.
- CrossFit Upper Edge is not responsible for any lost or damaged items brought from home. Any property your child brings from home should be properly labeled. Coins, balloons, toy guns, and toy swords are not permitted in the childcare area.
- Parents may utilize the childcare area a maximum of 2.5 hours per day.
- The childcare staff reserves the right to refuse childcare to anyone at any time.
- CrossFit Upper Edge reserves the right to suspend childcare privileges from any member who consistently neglects the policies.
- Childcare staff members are prohibited from administering any medications.
- Health regulations prohibit us from allowing children with any of the following symptoms into the childcare area: Flu-like symptoms (nausea, vomiting, headache, fever, diarrhea); Reddened sore throat; Rashes of any kind; Severe nasal discharge or productive cough.
- Childcare staff members reserve the right to refuse service if they deem a child too ill to render services. A child will not be accepted into the childcare area until they have been symptom-free for 24 hours.
- If your child does not attend school due to an illness, they will not be admitted into the childcare area.
- Children are expected to behave appropriately for their age group. Repeated disregard for rules or failure to listen to childcare staff will result in a short “time out” for children 2 and older. Redirection will be used to address behavior problems for children younger than 2.
- Parents will be called to the childcare area if their child is behaving inappropriately. If this is a repeated occurrence, the parent and childcare staff will decide upon a course of action. CrossFit Upper Edge reserves the right to suspend childcare privileges for a specified period of time, if deemed necessary.
- Parents will be called back to the childcare area if their child continues to cry for a period in excess of 15 minutes.
- During member class time, children 11 and younger are not permitted in any gym area or front door seating area. They are not allowed to sit or play in any part of the gym.
- Children 11 and younger may be supervised in the CUE Kids Club room.
- Children 12 and older may sit on the chairs by the door and out of the way while their parent(s) work out. In this instance, the child may not be disruptive to the training process or become a hazard on the floor. If this is the case, you must rectify the issue.
Playing with Equipment:
- Children are NEVER ALLOWED to play on or use any gym equipment.
- Even if a parent wishes to supervise their child, CHILDREN ARE NEVER ALLOWED TO PLAY ON OR USE ANY GYM EQUIPMENT